‎"We (Asian Americans) have to stop being so fucking polite!" - Asian American dreams: the emergence of an American people, by Helen Zia

Monday, January 28, 2008

Finally! Washing the MSDW Fleece

This is the 9.75lb Romney/Corriedale cross fleece I bought at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival in May. I've been leery about washing it because I was afraid I was going to destroy it. So I washed the one from Rhinebeck instead!

Hmm... It's rather LARGE!! That's a twin sheet under it. Ok it took me about 2 months to finish washing a 2.5 lb fleece sporadically. How long is it going to take to wash an almost 10lb fleece. Words fail...

Back to the fleece pens. Interesting... This fleece is just making wool tea, while the other fleece made left GROUNDS in the bottom of the sink.


Fleece drying on the racks. I can wash much larger bunches of this fleece since there isn't any CAKED on mud. FLUFFY!!

Lookie at all the different colors and variegations in the fleece! The tips are a little sunburnt though. Not sure if I'm going to cut them off of spin them up yet. Things to consider...

Tigger has claimed the remainder of the fleece.
MY FLEECE!! GET OFF!! You're going to FELT it you EVIL cat!

He's really concerned... Sigh...

Box of clean fleece, yeah... I'm not even halfway done yet... Wait until I start sorting! Tigger is showing his true colors! Demon kitty guarding the fleece. Can there be guardian cats? As well as guardian dogs?

No comments: