‎"We (Asian Americans) have to stop being so fucking polite!" - Asian American dreams: the emergence of an American people, by Helen Zia

Thursday, June 14, 2007

World Wide Knit in Public Day! June 9th

I spent a lovely afternoon in Hoboken's Pier A Park enjoying the brisk weather and meeting knitter's, crocheters, and spinners in the area.
What a lovely way to spend a summer's afternoon. I hauled my STUFF from my apartment to the park.
I walked dragging my luggage carried loaded up with all my spindles and fiber and loom about a mile and half along 1st ave to the Park. Along the way I had a little mishap and my spindle bucket upended spilling spindles and other bits of hardware all over the ground. A couple of nice guys passing by helped my pick up my stuff. I wonder what they thought I was doing and what all this stuff was... Giggle.
Of course, once I got there I was the only one NOT knitting. I brought my spindles and fiber as well as the loom that I got for a house warming present to the park as promised. Unfortunately, it was too windy to spin, but I did meet some wonderful ladies, as well as setting up another simple cardboard loom.
Hopefully, I will get to hear the podcast and see some of the pictures people were taking.

1 comment:

papernclay said...

sounds like a fun day!!
from one who shares many of the same interests.