‎"We (Asian Americans) have to stop being so fucking polite!" - Asian American dreams: the emergence of an American people, by Helen Zia

Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Spinning Wheel



This is the giant box my spinning wheel came in! Wow...







I can't quite reach that last box!!! Can't fall in on top of wheel...



Success!!! Tiggy!! Meet Wheel! Don't be jealous!! I still love you best!!!






Oog! Took some doing but I FINALLY wedged the treadles onto the metal bar. Hooking up the footmen was a piece of cake!





ok! now for the FLYER!!! I can do this!





Boy! did they wrap up the top well or what? Must find scissors.



Ta da! Pretty.



A frantic phone call to Paula at Woodland Woolworks (she is the best). And I've spun some yarn! Yay!!! Oh boy you can make lots and lots of yarn compared to a drop spindle. But I still think it's easier to bead on a spindle. But I guess all that spinning while walking home and spinning on the PATH and the subway paid off!!! I spun yarn!! easy as pie on the spinning wheel! Must go experiment with silk hankies!!

3 comments:

Kimley said...

Congratulations! This spinning thing is a dangerous addiction... Have fun with the new wheel!!!
-Kimley from NYC Spinners

Troop 2440 said...

Congratulations. It's a slippery fiber slope you've just reached. Can't wait to see your wheel in action.

Martha

theShizzKnit said...

Welcome to the Fold, heh. You're going to love your new wheel!