‎"We (Asian Americans) have to stop being so fucking polite!" - Asian American dreams: the emergence of an American people, by Helen Zia

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I must be nuts

It all started as one little innocuous thread on the Spindlers list. How do you spin beaded yarn? So I read it and thought... Omigod!! that's insane. I'm NEVER going to do that!!! But then the thread went on... and I got curious... I mean... OOH LOOK!!! SHINY!!!

So I took this baby silver alpaca I was spinning.. OOH SOFT!!! and thought I'd try string some beads on it! Can you say BEAD explosion? So then I tried stringing it as I spun. Much easier. But did I stop there? No. why would I do something sensible like that? I had to ply the beads in place, then CABLE the yarn.
Anyway here are some pictures.



So I started knitting, but...

The holes where too big, so I frogged it all.

And started all over again. Much nicer :)

Too bad I ran out of yarn. Must go spin more!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busy Chely! Your spinning wheel looks really cool, and the beaded yarn is nifty! Have fun!