‎"We (Asian Americans) have to stop being so fucking polite!" - Asian American dreams: the emergence of an American people, by Helen Zia

Friday, February 24, 2012

Spinning Ahhhh!

The other day while spinning the silk merino frog hair...

AHHHH!

I cross laced the flyer to ease the take up.  I needed to adjust I can't even remember what maybe I changed flyer hooks.  I left the fiber dangling.  So given the fineness or my yarn the whole thing was under tension.  Oops flick went my fingernail and the thread snapped!!!!!!

AND I LOST THE STUPID END!!!! It buried itself in the bobbin.  Bad enough when it's a "normal" sized yarn.  And then to add insult to injury I couldn't get enough leverage to break the thread and make another end?!  On the bright side, that I had so much difficulty breaking the yarn as a single bodes well for the strength of the string as warp....  fingers crossed.

STOP LAUGHING at me.  I know it's funny but still!  Pout!  At the time I was so FRUSTRATED it was all going so well then SNAP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried tape to find the lost end?

Oriquilt said...

I eventually managed to loosen it enough to snap it and get a free end.